Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Mouth = WATERING!

So now that I'm blogging for 21 different blogs 3x a week...I see lots of great blog content. Though after I've written 21 blogs, I find myself neglecting my own personal blog - but NOT today! I surfed the world wide web for a yummy spring recipe...and what do I find??? -this awesomeness! I present to you Strawberry Shortcake Kabobs! I kind you not, my mouth is watering! I think I might make this for a shower I'm hosting next month.


Ingredients


  • 12 medium fresh strawberries stems removed, if desired

  • 12 doughnut holes

  • 6 (8 inch) wooden skewers

  • 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

  • 2 teaspoons margarine

  • 1/4 cup white vanilla chip

  • 2 teaspoons margarine

Directions



  1. Line cookie sheet with waxed paper. Alternately thread 2 strawberries and 2 doughnut holes on each skewer.

  2. Note: You can also use the microwave for the following steps to melt the chocolate/margarine, but use lower heat and watch carefully to avoid burning. Probably only need to microwave about 1 minute or less and check throughout, stopping when just melted.

  3. In small saucepan, combine semi-sweet chocolate chips and 2 teaspoons margarine; melt over low heat, stirring until smooth and well blended. Drizzle chocolate mixture over kabobs.

  4. In another small saucepan, combine vanilla chips and remaining 2 teaspons margarine; melt over low heat, stirring until smooth and well blended. Drizzle over kabobs and semi-sweet chocolate.

  5. Refrigerate 10 minutes or until set.

No comments:

Post a Comment