Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Anniversary Pics

Engagement pics weren't really an option for us. My dad was in the hospital recovering from a massive stroke for most of our engagement period. Visiting with him and my mom during our free time was much more important to us than snapping a few pics.

So...our big 1 year anniversary is coming up in a week and a half. For my gift to Cory I decided we'd finally get some professional pics made in which I wasn't wearing my wedding dress. We'd originally scheduled our session with our photographer for Saturday morning. But it was way too cloudy and dark Saturday morning to capture any good shots.

After talking to Kevin, our photographer, we decided to give Sunday morning a shot. We met Kevin around 7am on Sunday in downtown Flowery Branch. Sunday morning was HUMID! Actually humid is an understatement...HOT and MUGGY seems to be a more appropriate description! The sun was trying to peek through the clouds at the beginning of our shoot, but by the end the dark clouds prevailed. (Though Sunday afternoon was gorgeous, so we hit the lake!)

Our original plan was to take some shots downtown then head to the marina to get some shots by the lake. BUT due to the increasing cloud cover, we postponed the lake shots. So stay tuned for those! Here are a few from Sunday morning...more to come...



Humidity finally got the best of my hair in this one!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful Brooke...Im doing Katies engagement pics in May...where did you get your dress? Tell your mom and dad hi for me...so glad he is better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa! I actually got my dress at TJMaxx! Less than $20! Can't beat that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great! Can't wait to see the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful! Girl, you just get prettier and prettier, so glad you are so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw thanks for the sweet comments, ladies! Still trying to reschedule the second half of the shoot.

    ReplyDelete