Pages

Friday, September 24, 2010

Confession: I'm addicted!

I know some of you out there blog. But I also know many of you out there don't call yourself bloggers. Don't worry…this isn’t a post about ‘you should blog because it’s cool!’

I’ll admit…I was apprehensive at first. "A blog?!?! What in the world would I say on said blog?!?! No way… I could ever be a ‘blogger’…nope…not for me! Plus I’d probably just make people mad because I’m sarcastic...or maybe I'd just bore them to death! It’s not going to be a rainbows and puppies type blog. Seriously...people probably won’t read it." Well friends…I jumped the blogging fence and here I am on the other side….a blogger (not a great, dedicated, I update my blog every day-type blogger...but a blogger none the less)!

(Back to the point of this post…sorry for the rabbit trail.) Blogger or not, do you read other blogs? Sure, you’re reading this (not-so-impressive) blog, but do you read other blogs…you know...the I-can’t-stop-reading/this-is-the-most-amazing-blog-ever type blogs? Because if you don’t…let me tell you…you’re missing out! I'm addicted to reading a number of awesome blogs!

Maybe you don’t know where to look to find these oh-so-amazing blogs I speak of….if this is the case, allow me to share some of my favorite blogs with you.

Disclaimer: Sometimes I feel like a stalker because I follow these blogs women/men I’ve never met, I’ll probably never meet…but I know about them, their family, their summer vacation, their latest struggles and triumphs and I must admit….I LOVE IT!!!

Following other blogs has given me insight into future parenthood, decorating ideas, marriage, new recipes, vacation suggestions, fashion trends….seriously…the possibilities of things you’ll learn from reading blogs is endless.

No joke...I refer to these blogs as 'crack blogs'. My friends who also already read these blogs concur...they're ADDICTIVE!

If you find yourself with a few extra minutes to spare…these are a must-read….

(**side note…these are all blogs of people I’ve never met…not blogs that my friends write)

  • Fly Through Our Window –get ready to be inspired (seriously…I want to be Darby!)
  • Spilled Milk – real...raw…funny…mother for a 1 year-old balancing a career as a lawyer, a recent move to Savannah
  • The Maddox Family adventures of a family making their way in a new city, Seattle
  • Young House of Love – Young couple and their new baby completely re-do their home…awesome decorating/remodeling ideas
  • The Nesting Place – Hello decorating heaven! This girl knows how to decorate…on a BUDGET!
  • Love Megan – Can’t get enough of this LA born and raised fashion guru
  • MODG – Stands for Martinis or Diaper-Genies…enough said…get ready to LOL!(it's my guilty pleasure!)
  • Get Off Your Butt and Bake – Looking for a new recipe to try? Trying to decide what’s for dinner tonight? Read this blog!

Okay…now you’re thinking…that’s a lot of blogs to keep up with, Brooke! (trust me...that’s not half of the blogs I follow…just some of the best) How do I keep up with all of these blogs? Do I type in the URL and check for new post every day? Nope. Do I add them to my book marks and run down the list everyday looking for updates? Not a chance!

I use Google Reader! The geniuses over at Google have provided us with this web-based feed reader to keep up with blogs and news. Take a look! You’ll love it. To keep up with all my favorite blogs I just sign into my Google Reader account each day and tadaaaa…there’s a list of all the blogs I follow. If there’s a recent update to the blog…it’s in bold with the number of updates beside it. It looks like this…

Feel free to leave me a comment if you have questions about Google Reader.

I left out a few of my favorite money-saving blogs...because I have plenty to say about those and well...that's another post for another day!

Let me know what you think about the blogs I suggested...
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. Brooke, what a great post! Now, thanks to you and the fact that I can't work because our computer system is down, I have now spent 2 hours reading your favorite blogs and have since added them to Google Reader. Thanks for sharing! I love and miss you tons!!! XO :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too want to be Darby, and Brooke Blackmon!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete