Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Hello Blogosphere!!!!

First of all...I'd like to thank my bestest bud, Meesh...for talking me into entering the blogosphere. I still don't think anyone would really want to read what random ramblings I'll likely post...but Meesh says I'll be surprised...so...here goes nothing! I really wanted my first blog to be profound...but seriously...have you met me?!? Not many profound thoughts flowing from this brain lately! And if you haven't met me...FYI...more sarcastic thoughts than profound thoughts will ever flow from this brain.

On to a little insight into the Blackmon's in Flowery Branch: A fun night of not doing what we planned to do. So as I walk out the of my office yesterday heading home (thank you GOD)...I mentioned to Cory potentially going to the Gwinnett Braves game to which he replied he'd really like to go for a bike ride (We both have road bikes but don't ride them nearly enough. Cory has decided to do his second sprint triathlon so bike riding is quickly becoming a priority...again) I agreed...a bike ride sounds like a much better alternative than going to a baseball game, eating unhealthy food and being in no way productive...all evening. After getting home I insist that there's no way I'm riding in the sweltering 97 degree GA heat. So we opt for a quick trip to the auto parts store to get a wiring kit and ball (that you'd hook a trailer to) to put on the back of Cory's truck. We discussed that we need this ASAP b/c we're going to Carter's Lake on Sunday and JUST IN CASE Cory's Uncle Richard decides to lets us take the jet ski home with us again this summer...we'll be ready (last summer Cory still had the Ram Charger for pulling a trailer...but since he had to make space for my car in the garage...bye bye Ram Charger)! Ok....we have lake fever so bad!!! Last night we decided we'd wake up super early on Sunday so we could spend as much time at the lake as possible. This is getting to be a long story...wow!!! So after finding what we needed at auto part store #2, I'm not feeling a bike ride...but I am feeling some sushi! I remember we have a coupon for the local sushi restaurant (which will help my argument that sushi trumps a bike ride) and somehow talk Cory into skipping the bike ride and enjoying some sushi. Ha..but not before he installs his new purchases. So cory climbs under his truck and hooks up the wiring and installs the ball...in the still 97 degree GA heat! By this point my husband is sweaty and has a little black grease here and there...but who cares...no bike ride and sushi here I come!!!! I realize at this point some funny pics would be a great addition to my blog. Maybe next time.

That wraps up my first blog entry...not as interesting as I would have hoped...but lets look at the bright side - I've got LOTS of room for improvement!

4 comments:

  1. YOU DID IT! and it's funny! I can't wait to see your "life online"!! Girl - food ALWAYS comes before exercise!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke! Great to see you on here! I'm proud of you and will LOVE reading about your life! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FUN! Another blog to distract me. :) Glad to see you're so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah...so glad you have a blog since I am not on facebook. Youw will be surprised with how many people read your blog that you don't even know do. I run across people all the time who say"oh I just looked at your blog today". It's called Blogstalking...I'm really good at it!

    ReplyDelete