Pages

Friday, June 26, 2009

MJ

I have to admit...I can't believe Michael Jackson is dead. I'm a lil sad. I acknowledge we haven't heard much from him in years but I find myself remembering growing up watching his music videos, listening to my MJ tapes and dancing in my room. Sure he had some issues...but what an icon "the King of Pop"!!! Cory and I were discussing this morning how the story of MJ's death will be one of the biggest stories of this decade for sure. I was glued to the TV last night...why...I have no clue. Kind of like when Princess Diana passed away...I watched the entire funeral and wept. Of course we've never met these celebrities...but somehow after seeing them so often on tv and their faces on magazine covers almost every trip to the grocery store with your mom during your childhood... somehow they become a tiny part of your life. Mom called last night and ask me if I remember where I was when I saw the Thriller video. I though sure...we were at home...in the den....wrong...she reminded me of our family vacation to Disneyworld the year that video came out and we went to some theater at Disney and saw "Thriller" in 3D. It scared me silly...I cried so bad that dad had to take me outside!!!!! I had totally forgotten about that! Though Thriller was a really cool music video...the Black or White video was my absolute favorite of all time!

Happy Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment