Pages

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

nine-nine-0 nine

Ok...I'll admit...I stole this idea from Heather Page's blog. If you've never read her blog...you should..I love it...one of my favs! So in honor of today's date 09-09-09, I'm going to list 9 things about me...

*I'm officially addicted to pumpkin spice coffee! If my husband loves me he'll buy some more today :) Just kidding babe...but you'd totally score brownie points if you brought some home this afternoon!

*My mom's birthday was yesterday! My sweet dad got his friend take him to the store and he bought her the most beautiful pair of diamond earrings! It's a sweet story...since my dad's stroke he can't always say what he wants to when he wants to...if you follow that. The part of his brain that was affected by the stroke is the part of your brain that affects your speech. So after he and his friend left physical therapy in Athens yesterday(dad doesn't drive anymore) Dad basically showed his friend where to go (turn by turn) in order to get to the store....because he couldn't say "hey...I'd like to go get Rhonda a birthday present at this store" So sweet!!!!!!!!!!

*Rachel and I are getting back in the swing of things this afternoon and walking 4 miles (up from our usual 3 miles) a few times a week. We took last week off so I'm excited! I think I've even convinced Cory to come do a little training with us!

*Currently I am looking for fabric for curtains for our living room, kitchen and dining room (diff. fabrics of course). I've sort of narrowned down the fabric...but I'm still not 100% on the curtain design/pattern/etc...so any ideas are welcome (from all three of you who read this)!!!

*I'm still sore from hitting softballs on Saturday...depressing!

*Cory and I have considered having professional pics made outside w/the dogs...and in doing some research I discovered this...Frog Hollow (in Dahlonega) does a Sunday Model Project. I think we may make a trip up to D-town and check it out soon. Click on the link to learn more.

*My car has dog hair (Mick the great dane hair) on the ceiling because he rode in the back this weekend on our trip to Monroe. It looked like we had a horse in the back seat. You should see peoples faces when he pokes his head out the window of the car - hilarious!!

*Recently...I've needed to consume chocolate...DAILY

*And last but not least....on Monday I'll have been 'seriously committed' if you will to Cory for a year. He proposed to me on September 14 last year. It was a beautiful Sunday morning and we were headed to church. Only God knew then what a rock and trying road He would lead us on...but all the while making our bond stronger than it would have ever been had we had an easy road to travel leading up to our wedding day. My family is so lucky to have Cory as a part of it. He proved to be more than I could have ever asked for when dad was in the hospital....and even now with dad at home. I'm blessed beyond measure!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, first time at your blog and you and your hubby are so cute together! I have the need for chocolate daily too, yummy! Good job walking, I love to run {or I should say attempting to run}, glad that is going well for you! Happy almost Friday sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke this is sooo sweet! :) I love it! I love the story about your dad too.:)

    ReplyDelete