Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Blackmon Tomato Harvest Is In...

I've never claimed to have a green thumb.  This year I've learned my thumb is more brown than green. Hey...I'm learning!

With Cory's help, we planted our first tomato plant in the Topsy Turvy that my parents gave him for his birthday last year.  (Not sure why we didn't use it last year, but that's neither here nor there.)  So we carefully watched our tomato plant grow (upside down)...counted the blooms and anticipated about 10 or so tomatoes this summer.  HA....

The purpose of this not-so-interesting blog post today to show you our harvest....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
just.this.ONE.tiny.tomato!
Not exactly what farmers call a bumper crop.  Maybe next year...

Do you have any gardening tricks you could share with Mrs. Brown-thumb for next year's "harvest"?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment