Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

Fool Me Once..Shame On Me...Fool Me Twice...I Don't Think So!

It’s become apparent that my husband thinks I’m gullible. If I had a dollar for every time he’s tried to pull a fast one over on me, I’d have a new winter wardrobe!

Seriously the man thinks I’ll continue to fall for his little pranks…..think again, mister! The days of falling for the foolishness are over! (I hope) I’m catching on to these little jokes! It’s become fairly common to hear the words ‘say you swear’ come from my mouth in ordinary conversations when he’s just told me something that seems the tiniest bit far-fetched!

Most recently (last night) he tried to pull a prank over on me (that many people have fallen for according to the number of Youtube Videos you'll find when you search "bowl of water ceiling prank".)

NOT ME SUCKAAAA! I suppose he thinks I’m oblivious to viral pranks floating around the Internet. Newsflash: I’m surfing the web ALL DAY at work…I’m immersed in social media and chances are if a video becomes a viral phenomenon…I’ve probably seen it thanks to a room of 60 social media scavengers that I call co-workers.

Rather than try to describe the prank…you can just watch it for yourself…

Now for our little convo

Husband: "Hey…I have this really cool magic trick to show you!"

Me: (hesitation in my voice) "You do?"

Husband: "Yeah…give me a second"

(he goes into the kitchen…Fills a plastic up with water and grab the swiffer sweeper)

Me: "What kind of trick is this?" (more hesitation in my voice)

Husband: "You’ll see... "

Me: "Oooooook" (doubting there's any magic involved in what he's about to show me)

Husband: “Ok…come check this out....”

Me: “No…You show me…” (I watch the madness unfold from my spot on the couch)

Husband: “Ok I’m going to place this cup of water on the ceiling” (the proceeds to hold the cup of water up to the ceiling and while the holding the pole of the swiffer in his other hand) “Now I need you to come over here and hold the swiffer in place for me” (begins to place the pole to the bottom of the cup)

Me: "WHAT?!!? NO!!! Do you really think I’m that stupid!?!? I’ve seen this trick! You’re going to get me to hold the pole...then you’re going to run off! NO….I DON’T THINK SO!!!”

Husband: “Awww man! You’ve seen this trick?”

Me: “Yeah….and you’re a dummy for thinking I’m going to fall for it!”

He walks back in the kitchen…cup and swiffer in hand…head hung low!

“Never underestimate a man’s ability to underestimate a woman,” ~Kathleen Turner

7 comments:

  1. Thats pretty funny I may to try this on Scott!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious! Sounds like me and Clay! Always playing pranks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go brooke! Guess you should pull a prank on him now to see how gullible he really is!..lol :) (I like setting mouse traps on the floor when he's sleeping..then saying his car is getting towed and see how fast he'll jump out of bed and BAM..mouse trap city! Haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. When we were little (you may have heard this), he tried to show me "how to fit in the suitcase", with the sole purpose of closing me up in it. Well, when he got in to show me how, I promptly slammed it closed! haha My parents came in after hearing his cries to see his outline in the suitcase. Try to fool me sucka!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Mellissa I'm surprised he hasn't tried to show me that trick yet! That is so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bahahah! "head hung low ..." PRICELESS! Almost as funny as the light switch story you told!

    ReplyDelete