Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Cultural Experience...in Dixie...

What a fun filled weekend for the Blackmon's! Friday night we used a gift card from one of Cory's clients that we've had since Christmas to go see Bruno (by the same guy who did Borat..one of Cory's favs) It was funny, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend it to the masses.

The first half of Saturday was dedicated to the gym..then the dogs and the yard. Cory washed the dogs...I cut the grass. (you may be thinking this sounds backwards but I'd rather cut grass than wash a dog that weighs more than me) And let me tell you...this was my first experience with a self-propelled push mower...and lets just say the mower won the battle. But that didn't stop us from our 'cultural experience of the weekend'...the Dixie Speedway. Yes, you read it right - on Saturday evening we drove over to Woodstock, GA on to take in the action at the Dixie Speedway. Cory's great uncle has worked there for the past 40 years and has been asking us to visit so we finally took him up on the offer. Here are some pics from our evening....Apparently Cory was ready to see some racin' yeeehaw! What a clown!!

in all her glory and mud
First came the typical dirt track races....


I know this is blury. The purpose of this pic is to show you the "Cruiser" car. This involves two drivers...hopefully as you can see in this pic that there is a driver in the passenger seat too. The one in the left seat controls the steering wheel and the brakes and the guy on the passenger side controls the throttle...HILARIOUS!!!


Then comes the last race of the evening...spectator racing...can you believe it?!?! People put their everyday cars in this race...here is a Mazda and a Toyota Camry!!!!!!!!!!


Another spectator race....is that the car my grandma drove when she picked me up from elementary school????!!!!!!!!!!!

We spent about 6 hours watching cars drive in circles but I'll admit it was fun! Most of the day Sunday we were with my family. Cory and I went on a bike ride around Good Hope, GA and then went to revival at my church that night. What a great way to end the weekend...


No comments:

Post a Comment